Tax planning means managing your financial affairs such that the amount of tax you pay is minimised as much as legally possible. The idea is that you pay all the tax you have to – but no more.
Optimising your tax planning unlocks enormous potential for your financial plan. In fact, getting the tax planning right is typically more important to your financial performance than just about any other aspect – including things like choosing the right investment. A good investment can become a bad one if you find yourself with a bigger tax bill than you needed.
Australia’s taxation system is deliberately designed to encourage people to do some things and not do others. This means that when we take advantage of quality tax planning we are actually doing exactly what the community wants us to do.
That said, it can be difficult to know exactly what the community wants you to do! Australia’s taxation rules are complex – in fact, according to the government itself, each Australian potentially faces 125 taxes that they are liable to pay.
This makes it imperative that you seek qualified, quality tax advice provided by someone who is legally allowed to provide it.
All tax planning services arranged by our firm meet this criterion. Even better, by having us arrange your tax planning, you can be sure that the management of your tax obligations complements all other elements of your financial plan. No more situations where one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. The tax impact of everything you do is thought through before we recommend you do anything.
John Frederick Jones
Director and Financial Planner
Having been in the financial services industry for over 41 years, John has had the pleasure of helping clients through all stages of their adult lives.
Helping and encouraging retired clients to spend, some of the funds they have saved over the years - to enjoy while their health allows, is one of the most rewarding experiences an adviser can have.
Even after so many years in the business, John still gets a real thrill out of:
- Helping a new client establish their goals and to begin to feel the empowerment as they take control of their future.
- Seeing the relief on the faces of a young family as they find security in their Family Protection Plan.
- Walking with clients as they juggle the pressures of work / the business, family debt and the desire to create wealth and showing them there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
- Sharing the joy of clients approaching retirement as they realise that they can achieve sufficient funds to retire when they want to, and still enjoy their desired lifestyle.
- Caring when a newly-single Mum can see how she can provide for the family, achieve her financial goals and remain independent if she wishes.
- Encouraging retirees that they can go on that trip of a lifetime without jeopardising their future desired lifestyle.
Helping clients find Peace of Mind is just as important as helping clients manage their resources effectively, according to John.
John is a student of life and always endeavours to help others as much as possible. Thus he is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) holding the Diploma of Financial Planning; a registered financial tax adviser, qualified SMSF adviser, holds a NSW Teachers Certificate, and is a Chartered Insurance Agency Manager.
He also holds and values his membership with:
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Association of Financial Advisers (Fellow)
- Appin Chamber of Commerce (Ex Board)
- Appin Mens Shed (Ex Board)
- Bulli Community Centre (Board)
- Bulli Woonona Mens Shed (Board)
John enjoys his life and really enjoys helping others create a better life for themselves.
John Frederick Jones is an authorised representative (244943) of Bluewater Financial Advisors Pty Ltd (AFSL 411846).