Risk insurance policies are financial products that will pay the policy holder if the ‘insured event’ – such as becoming unwell and being unable to work – happens.
Insured events include things like temporary illness, permanent illness, temporary injury, permanent injury, or the premature death of the insured person.
Risk insurances insure your good health, which is actually your most important financial asset. That is why risk insurances are almost always the essential first step in any financial plan. Insuring yourself against a loss of income or earning ability allows you to ensure that life for you and your loved ones goes on with the quality you want, even if something unwanted happens.
We provide the complete range of risk insurance services: death cover, total and permanent disability (TPD), income protection and trauma cover. We help you calculate the type and amount of each cover that you might need, as well as discuss other ways that you can protect yourself against financial loss.
We also show you how to minimise the premiums, especially after-tax, without unnecessarily compromising the quality of the policy or the level of cover that you acquire.
If cash flow is tight, we can assist you to find ways to insure yourself that minimise the demands on your day-to-day income. And, of course, as financial planners we can help you find ways to enhance your income. This makes everything more affordable, not just your insurances.
John Frederick Jones
Director and Financial Planner
Having been in the financial services industry for over 41 years, John has had the pleasure of helping clients through all stages of their adult lives.
Helping and encouraging retired clients to spend, some of the funds they have saved over the years - to enjoy while their health allows, is one of the most rewarding experiences an adviser can have.
Even after so many years in the business, John still gets a real thrill out of:
- Helping a new client establish their goals and to begin to feel the empowerment as they take control of their future.
- Seeing the relief on the faces of a young family as they find security in their Family Protection Plan.
- Walking with clients as they juggle the pressures of work / the business, family debt and the desire to create wealth and showing them there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
- Sharing the joy of clients approaching retirement as they realise that they can achieve sufficient funds to retire when they want to, and still enjoy their desired lifestyle.
- Caring when a newly-single Mum can see how she can provide for the family, achieve her financial goals and remain independent if she wishes.
- Encouraging retirees that they can go on that trip of a lifetime without jeopardising their future desired lifestyle.
Helping clients find Peace of Mind is just as important as helping clients manage their resources effectively, according to John.
John is a student of life and always endeavours to help others as much as possible. Thus he is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) holding the Diploma of Financial Planning; a registered financial tax adviser, qualified SMSF adviser, holds a NSW Teachers Certificate, and is a Chartered Insurance Agency Manager.
He also holds and values his membership with:
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Association of Financial Advisers (Fellow)
- Appin Chamber of Commerce (Ex Board)
- Appin Mens Shed (Ex Board)
- Bulli Community Centre (Board)
- Bulli Woonona Mens Shed (Board)
John enjoys his life and really enjoys helping others create a better life for themselves.
John Frederick Jones is an authorised representative (244943) of Bluewater Financial Advisors Pty Ltd (AFSL 411846).
Exchange Rates are Falling. Is that good or bad?You may have seen recently that the Aussie Dollar has fallen when measured against the US dollar. At first glance, most people think this is a bad thing. Happily, the reality is not quite so alarming.
Now That’s Good Estate Planning!A well-known man in England recently gained an inheritance. It is a pretty substantial one, too. According to Forbes Magazine, King Charles inherited approximately $US500 Million in assets from his Mum and is now responsible for managing assets worth $US42 Billion. That’s good estate planning!
What Is Trauma Insurance?Trauma insurance is sometimes called the ‘fourth form’ of life insurance – the other three being income protection, total and permanent disability and death cover.
Vale Olivia and JudithMusic lovers have been really saddened lately by the passing of two Australian icons, Olivia Newton John and Judith Durham. A third Australian music legend, John Farnham, recently underwent surgery for cancer. It makes us all stop and think.