Entering the aged care system is often a difficult time for many families. We, or someone we love, face the prospect of a loss of independence. It can all be very scary.
What’s more, the financial aspects of the aged care system are incredibly complex. What fees do you have to pay? When do you have to pay them? To whom do you have to pay them? How does being in residential care affect your Centrelink entitlements? Your super arrangements? Your estate plans?
We can assist you to fully understand your financial situation and the way that this interacts with your aged care. This involves things like:
- Working out the type and quality of care you can afford;
- Working out the costs of this care;
- Arranging to pay your accommodation and care fees that apply;
- Ensuring you maximise your Centrelink pension and any other entitlements;
- Best managing your family home and other significant assets; and
- Simply ensuring that your time in aged care is as financially comfortable as possible.
In the best cases, planning for aged care should start well before the need for aged care arises. The planning should start when your retirement planning starts – aged care is, after all, part of your retirement. And starting the planning process as early as possible lets you also ensure that this planning complements the other elements of your financial plan, such as your estate planning.
That said, it is also never too late for good planning. So, if aged care is already a reality, then get in touch with us and make sure that you make that reality as pleasant and satisfying as possible.
John Frederick Jones
Director and Financial Planner
Having been in the financial services industry for over 41 years, John has had the pleasure of helping clients through all stages of their adult lives.
Helping and encouraging retired clients to spend, some of the funds they have saved over the years - to enjoy while their health allows, is one of the most rewarding experiences an adviser can have.
Even after so many years in the business, John still gets a real thrill out of:
- Helping a new client establish their goals and to begin to feel the empowerment as they take control of their future.
- Seeing the relief on the faces of a young family as they find security in their Family Protection Plan.
- Walking with clients as they juggle the pressures of work / the business, family debt and the desire to create wealth and showing them there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
- Sharing the joy of clients approaching retirement as they realise that they can achieve sufficient funds to retire when they want to, and still enjoy their desired lifestyle.
- Caring when a newly-single Mum can see how she can provide for the family, achieve her financial goals and remain independent if she wishes.
- Encouraging retirees that they can go on that trip of a lifetime without jeopardising their future desired lifestyle.
Helping clients find Peace of Mind is just as important as helping clients manage their resources effectively, according to John.
John is a student of life and always endeavours to help others as much as possible. Thus he is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) holding the Diploma of Financial Planning; a registered financial tax adviser, qualified SMSF adviser, holds a NSW Teachers Certificate, and is a Chartered Insurance Agency Manager.
He also holds and values his membership with:
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Association of Financial Advisers (Fellow)
- Appin Chamber of Commerce (Ex Board)
- Appin Mens Shed (Ex Board)
- Bulli Community Centre (Board)
- Bulli Woonona Mens Shed (Board)
John enjoys his life and really enjoys helping others create a better life for themselves.
John Frederick Jones is an authorised representative (244943) of Bluewater Financial Advisors Pty Ltd (AFSL 411846).