Most people think of superannuation as a tax-favoured way of saving for your retirement. For employees, it is compulsory. For self-employed people, it is optional. For everybody, it is a great idea.
But superannuation is about more than retirement planning. It is actually a cornerstone of most people’s financial plan. This is because ‘super’ touches every other aspect of your financial planning. The way you manage your super impacts on how you manage your insurances, your other investments, your tax planning, your retirement planning, your marriage, your divorce, how and when you might help your adult kids out financially, your estate planning and even how you repay your own mortgage.
It is super by name and even more super by nature.
There are three types of super fund: retail funds, industry funds and self-managed superannuation funds. Different clients are suited to one or more of these types, and sometimes it makes sense to use more than one type in combination. We help you select the best type of fund for you. We then help you make best use of whichever option you take. This is important because super can and should be incorporated into your thinking about everything to do with your finances.
If you decide to manage your own super (a ‘self-managed super fund,’ or SMSF), we assist with all facets of establishing and maintaining this fund. This includes the facilitation, through our legal team, of all documents needed to start and then make best use of your fund.
John Frederick Jones
Director and Financial Planner
Having been in the financial services industry for over 41 years, John has had the pleasure of helping clients through all stages of their adult lives.
Helping and encouraging retired clients to spend, some of the funds they have saved over the years - to enjoy while their health allows, is one of the most rewarding experiences an adviser can have.
Even after so many years in the business, John still gets a real thrill out of:
- Helping a new client establish their goals and to begin to feel the empowerment as they take control of their future.
- Seeing the relief on the faces of a young family as they find security in their Family Protection Plan.
- Walking with clients as they juggle the pressures of work / the business, family debt and the desire to create wealth and showing them there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
- Sharing the joy of clients approaching retirement as they realise that they can achieve sufficient funds to retire when they want to, and still enjoy their desired lifestyle.
- Caring when a newly-single Mum can see how she can provide for the family, achieve her financial goals and remain independent if she wishes.
- Encouraging retirees that they can go on that trip of a lifetime without jeopardising their future desired lifestyle.
Helping clients find Peace of Mind is just as important as helping clients manage their resources effectively, according to John.
John is a student of life and always endeavours to help others as much as possible. Thus he is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) holding the Diploma of Financial Planning; a registered financial tax adviser, qualified SMSF adviser, holds a NSW Teachers Certificate, and is a Chartered Insurance Agency Manager.
He also holds and values his membership with:
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Association of Financial Advisers (Fellow)
- Appin Chamber of Commerce (Ex Board)
- Appin Mens Shed (Ex Board)
- Bulli Community Centre (Board)
- Bulli Woonona Mens Shed (Board)
John enjoys his life and really enjoys helping others create a better life for themselves.
John Frederick Jones is an authorised representative (244943) of Bluewater Financial Advisors Pty Ltd (AFSL 411846).