Investing means becoming wealthier by buying and sometimes selling assets that provide income while you hold them and capital when you sell them.
There are two ways to invest and three broad types of investment. We can assist you with all of them.
The two ways to invest are directly or indirectly. Direct investment is where you buy and hold investment assets in your own name (or in the name of some entity that you control, such as a family trust or a self-managed super fund). Direct investment is typically the best way to make property investments, and many people like to buy shares directly as well. If direct investment is what you are after, we can help you find the right investments to make and the right ways to manage those investments. A big part of this is making sure that you buy the asset in the right hands. Sometimes this is yourself, but sometimes it is not.
Indirect investment is where you employ an investment manager to buy and hold investment assets on your behalf. We can assist you to identify the managed investment option or options that best suits your circumstance and your goals, and then show you how to access the particular benefits of managed investments to minimise your risk.
The three broad things in which you can invest are shares, property and cash fixed/interest. The specific choice of investment types, and the way in which you mix these choices within your portfolio, is different for each person. We take the time to assist you to identify which type or types of asset class makes most sense, and then assist you to make either a direct or indirect investment accordingly.
John Frederick Jones
Director and Financial Planner
Having been in the financial services industry for over 41 years, John has had the pleasure of helping clients through all stages of their adult lives.
Helping and encouraging retired clients to spend, some of the funds they have saved over the years - to enjoy while their health allows, is one of the most rewarding experiences an adviser can have.
Even after so many years in the business, John still gets a real thrill out of:
- Helping a new client establish their goals and to begin to feel the empowerment as they take control of their future.
- Seeing the relief on the faces of a young family as they find security in their Family Protection Plan.
- Walking with clients as they juggle the pressures of work / the business, family debt and the desire to create wealth and showing them there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
- Sharing the joy of clients approaching retirement as they realise that they can achieve sufficient funds to retire when they want to, and still enjoy their desired lifestyle.
- Caring when a newly-single Mum can see how she can provide for the family, achieve her financial goals and remain independent if she wishes.
- Encouraging retirees that they can go on that trip of a lifetime without jeopardising their future desired lifestyle.
Helping clients find Peace of Mind is just as important as helping clients manage their resources effectively, according to John.
John is a student of life and always endeavours to help others as much as possible. Thus he is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) holding the Diploma of Financial Planning; a registered financial tax adviser, qualified SMSF adviser, holds a NSW Teachers Certificate, and is a Chartered Insurance Agency Manager.
He also holds and values his membership with:
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Association of Financial Advisers (Fellow)
- Appin Chamber of Commerce (Ex Board)
- Appin Mens Shed (Ex Board)
- Bulli Community Centre (Board)
- Bulli Woonona Mens Shed (Board)
John enjoys his life and really enjoys helping others create a better life for themselves.
John Frederick Jones is an authorised representative (244943) of Bluewater Financial Advisors Pty Ltd (AFSL 411846).